Wiring a light switch and outlet combo is a great way to add convenience to any room in your home. It allows you to easily control the lights in the room and also have a place to plug in electronics. However, it can be a daunting task for someone who is not familiar with electrical work. But with the right tools and a bit of patience, anyone can wire a light switch and outlet combo with ease.
Before you begin, make sure to turn off the power to the circuit that you are working on. This can be done by flipping the breaker switch in the circuit breaker panel. Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to gather the necessary tools: a voltage tester, wire cutters, wire strippers, screwdrivers, and a light switch and outlet combo.
Now, let’s get started. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to wire a light switch and outlet combo:
- Turn off the power to the circuit you are working on.
- Gather necessary tools: a voltage tester, wire cutters, wire strippers, screwdrivers, and a light switch and outlet combo.
- Identify the wires and their respective locations in the light switch and outlet combo. There should be two black wires, two white wires, and one green wire. The two black wires will connect to the black terminal screws on the light switch, and the two white wires will connect to the silver terminal screws. The green wire will connect to the green grounding screw.
- Strip about ¾ of an inch of insulation from the ends of the wires using a wire stripper.
- Connect the wires to the corresponding terminal screws. Make sure that the wires are securely attached and that there are no exposed wires or terminals.
- Once the wires are connected, you can now mount the light switch and outlet combo in the wall. Use the included screws to securely attach the device to the wall.
- Turn the power back on and test the light switch and outlet combo to make sure it is working properly.
This is a relatively simple process and can be done with minimal tools and knowledge. If you are unfamiliar with electrical work, it is best to consult a professional electrician to ensure that the job is done correctly and safely.
Wiring a light switch and outlet combo is a great way to add convenience to any room in your home. With the right tools and a bit of patience, anyone can wire a light switch and outlet combo with ease.
You might also like:
Easiest Way To Wire a Light Switch and Outlet In the Same Box
How To Wire A Light Switch And Outlet Combo. In this video I show you how I wired a light switch and outlet in the same box. Having or adding an outlet to a light switch box can be a nice combo and especially helpful in shops and garages, but many also add them to various rooms throughout their house. This is in my opinion the best and easiest way to wire them both together! Items I...
Easiest Way To Wire a Light Switch and Outlet In the Same Box - YouTube 0:00 / 10:24 Easiest Way To Wire a Light Switch and Outlet In the Same Box How To.
How to Install a Combination Device with a Three-Way Switch and a Outlet | Leviton - YouTube
How to Install a Combination Switch and Receptacle
Amazon Prime Student 6 month Free Trial: amzn.to/2J4txZw Fluke -A1-II Volt-Alert AC Non-Contact Voltage Tester: Amazon.com: amzn.to/13Tw7CY IDEAL 61-534 Digital Circuit Breaker Finder with Digital Receiver and GFCI Circuit Tester: Amazon.com: amzn.to/2ql9yYz Wago (100) 221-412 (50) 221-413 (25) 221-415 Lever-Nut Assortment Pack: Amazon:...
How to Install a Combination Device with a Single Pole Switch and a Receptacle | Leviton
With Leviton’s extensive assortment of combination devices, you can fill a one-gang space with two switches, a switch and receptacle, even a switch and GFCI. From sensor guide lights to multi-purpose styles and Tamper-Resistant receptacles, we accommodate your every need. Watch this video to learn how to install a Leviton 5255 Combination Switch...
How To Wire A Single Pole Switch To A Light Fixture With An Outlet On The Same Circuit! DIY Tutorial
TOOLS I USED: - Voltage Detector - amzn.to/3BdiFzA - VOLTCLAW - amzn.to/3uXQyDz - Insulated Screwdriver 2-in-1 - amzn.to/3uFEDdd - WAGO Wire Connectors (36 Pieces) - amzn.to/367DGAl - WAGO Wire Connectors (75 Pieces) - amzn.to/3GQtxEY - Wire Strippers - amzn.to/3HMwEiq - Long Nose Pliers - amzn.to/3LpJhCf ELECTRICAL BOXES I USED: - New...
How To Wire A Light Switch And Outlet Combo.