Installing an Oatey shower drain is a relatively straightforward process that can be completed with the right tools and a few simple steps. Oatey shower drains are designed to provide superior drainage in order to prevent water from pooling around your shower. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to install an Oatey shower drain.
Before beginning the installation process, you will need to make sure that you have the following tools and materials on hand:
- Oatey shower drain
- Silicone caulk
- Plumber’s putty
- Wrench or adjustable pliers
- Plumber’s tape
Now that you have gathered the necessary tools and materials, it’s time to begin the installation process. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install an Oatey shower drain:
- Step 1: Start by turning off the water supply to the shower and then remove the existing drain. Make sure that all debris is removed from the drain and the surrounding area.
- Step 2: Place the Oatey shower drain onto the drain opening and make sure that it is firmly in place. If necessary, use plumber’s putty to secure the drain.
- Step 3: Using a screwdriver, secure the drain in place with the provided screws.
- Step 4: Wrap plumber’s tape around the drain tailpiece to ensure a watertight seal.
- Step 5: Connect the drain pipe to the drain tailpiece using a wrench or adjustable pliers. Make sure that the connection is secure and watertight.
- Step 6: Apply a bead of silicone caulk around the drain opening to help prevent water leakage.
- Step 7: Turn on the water supply to the shower and check for any leaks. If there are any, make sure to fix them immediately.
- Step 8: Finally, run some water through the drain to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Once the installation process is complete, your Oatey shower drain should be ready to use. Keep in mind that this guide is only intended as a general overview and that you should always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific instructions on installation. Additionally, it is recommended that you consult a professional for help with the installation process if you are unsure about any of the steps.
Installing an Oatey shower drain is a relatively easy task that can be completed with the right tools and a few simple steps. With the help of this guide, you should now have all the information you need to get your Oatey shower drain installed and ready to use.
You might also like:
- # how to install oatey shower drain
- # how to install oatey shower pan liner
- # how to install oatey toilet flange
- # how to install oatey no caulk shower drain
- # how to install oatey perfect slope
- # how to install oatey sure vent
- # how to install oatey offset shower drain
- # how to install oatey toilet flange spacer
- # how to install oatey cast iron toilet flange
- # how to install oatey brass shower drain
How to install an Oatey Shower Drain. funbro1. 64.8K subscribers. Subscribe. 1.3K. 524K views 4 years ago. How to install an Oatey Shower Drain Show. Install Oatey 2 Piece Shower Drain You Can Do It 4.09K subscribers Subscribe 191K views 1 year ago #plumbing #DIY #homeimprovement This video is part. 356K views 2 years ago Watch a Master Plumber install a shower drain in a preformed shower base. This video features the Oatey® Brass and Plastic No-Calk.
How to install an Oatey Shower Drain
How To Install Oatey Shower Drain. How to install an Oatey Shower Drain
How To Install Drain For Shower ( 2'' Oatey PVC Assembly ) StarrTile 106K subscribers Subscribe 2.6K 934K views 7 years ago I show the process of installing a.
Install Oatey 2 Piece Shower Drain - YouTube
How to Install a Shower Drain in a Pre-formed Base
Watch a Master Plumber install a shower drain in a preformed shower base. This video features the Oatey® Brass and Plastic No-Calk Shower Drains that are designed for use with preformed shower stall bases. The drain body is sealed to the shower base with a rubber sealing washer, fiber washer, and locking ring . 2 in. Schedule 40 DWV pipe is...
How to install Oatey shower drain on a concrete slab for a shower pan liner
In this video I will demonstrate How to install Oatey shower drain on a concrete slab for a shower pan liner. SimonProATL.com AtlantasBathroomRemodeling.com/ I service North Georgia area. 404-918-5955 Timecodes 0:00 - Intro 0:20 - How to remove concrete around shower drain 0:38 - Shower drain used with rubber pan liner Oatey - 42310...
Install Oatey 2 Piece Shower Drain
This video is part of our bathroom remodel. Easy step-by-step instructions on how to install the two piece Oatey brand shower drain. Some may think that it is a no-brainer...but, it requires a brain, some plumber's putty, and a flat head screw driver. Please be sure to like and subscribe to our channel for more bathroom remodel videos. You...
How To Install Oatey Shower Drain.